It’s Nelson Mandela International Day, a day of service celebrated on July 18, Mandela’s birthday.
Lets take a step toward healing by serving other Survivors. Something as simple as telling your testimony can serve and help another. You Survived for a reason and I’m glad you did! Share the love!
Nelson Mandela Quotes:
- Difficulties break some men but make others. No axe is sharp enough to cut the soul of a sinner who keeps on trying, one armed with the hope that he will rise even in the end
- Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do.
- I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.
- For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.
- Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies.
- A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
- I am fundamentally an optimist. Whether that comes from nature or nurture, I cannot say. Part of being optimistic is keeping one’s head pointed toward the sun, one’s feet moving forward. There were many dark moments when my faith in humanity was sorely tested, but I would not and could not give myself up to despair. That way lays defeat and death.
- The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
- Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
- No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite